Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Fell In Love !..Good food dID the TRICK!

Gillian Clark: How to Raise a Chef
I learned a lot in my father's kitchen. For every occasion there was food. There were hot cross buns on Easter Sunday. Thanksgiving, Daddy cooked all day. There was lemon meringue pie because he felt like it. There was my wedding. My father tried to talk me out of marrying my ex-husband. During a visit one summer, Hakim showed up with no eyebrows. He'd gotten drunk and shaved them off. This was evidence of some deep internal conflict, as far as my father was concerned. But still he made my wedding cake -- three tiers of tender genoise, with lavender butter cream flowers cascading down from the first tier to the fat round on the bottom. When Christmas came around, it was the fruitcake that dominated

1 comment:

  1. The way to man's heart is through his stomach!If you understand this truth early enough you will learn to cook!

    ReplyDelete